Application due by June 4, 2012.
The KEYS Service Corps AmeriCorps Program is currently recruiting a VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) whose main focus will include but not be limited to researching, designing and implementing a social entrepreneurship venture that address needs of economically disadvantaged and underemployed individuals. The VISTA member will serve with the Braddock Youth Project which is administered by the KEYS Service Corps.
The Braddock Youth Project is a youth training and work experience program that seeks to foster skills that will aid youth in advancing toward positive life outcomes, by providing meaningful and sustainable community development projects, generated and maintained by the youth. These projects harness the energy and creativity of the youth to promote positive culturally relevant change in their community.
Term of Service: August 6, 2012-August 5, 2013
Schedule: Usually Monday – Friday 10:00 – 6:00 with some evenings and weekends required
Benefits: In return for a year of full-time service, you’ll receive these benefits.
- A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or post-service stipend
- Modest living allowance
- Healthcare benefits while in service
- Childcare assistance while in service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service
- One year of noncompetitive status for a federal government job
- Access to the network of VISTA & VISTA alumni (170,000 strong)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to interact with youth and community volunteers
- Must be able to pass clearance checks
To apply, forward your resume to Jessica Schmid at Jessica.Schmid@alleghenycounty.us
To learn about the AmeriCorps VISTA Program please visit: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp