Application due by June 4, 2012.
The KEYS Service Corps AmeriCorps Program is currently recruiting a VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) whose main focus will include but not be limited to grant writing, assisting with developing an entrepreneurship support center, marketing and fund development, and assisting with developing a base of volunteers. The VISTA member will serve with the KEYS Service Corps, an organization that brings AmeriCorps members from across the country together to work with kids and engage in community service projects in the Pittsburgh area.
Term of Service: August 6, 2012-August 5, 2013
Location: downtown Pittsburgh
Schedule: Usually Monday – Friday 8:30 – 4:30 with some evenings and weekends required
Benefits: In return for a year of full-time service, you’ll receive these benefits.
- A Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or post-service stipend
- Modest living allowance
- Healthcare benefits while in service
- Childcare assistance while in service
- Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service
- One year of noncompetitive status for a federal government job
- Access to the network of VISTA & VISTA alumni (170,000 strong)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to interact with community volunteers
- Must be able to pass clearance checks
To apply, forward your resume to Helen Wachter at Helen.Wachter@alleghenycounty.us
To learn about the AmeriCorps VISTA Program please visit: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp
For more information about the KEYS Service Corps AmeriCorps program please visit: www.KeysServiceCorps.org